I have been making this quick bread for as long as I can remember. This recipe can be made into large bakery style muffins too! Either way, you will satisfied with the outcome of this scrumptious treat.
You can serve this delectable bread as an after dinner treat, or enjoy it for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided (300 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (240 grams), room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (8 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup of the sugar (200 grams), baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar (100 grams) with the cinnamon.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Layer on the remaining batter over the cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter.
- Using a knife, cut through the batter to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick. The toothpick should come out clean and crumb free. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan. Place on cooling rack and cool completely.
- I hope you make this scrumptious quick bread, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos!