I love this time of year when zucchini is in season and there is an abundance.
I am a huge fan of zucchini bread, and this baked oatmeal will curb some of the cravings without any guilt.
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I like to toast mine, but it isn’t necessary)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (or you can use 1 large egg)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium size zucchini, grated
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Spray 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, 1/4 cup walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Add in the milk, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil, vanilla and grated zucchini. Stir well to combine.
Pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Scatter additional 1/4 cup of walnuts on top (optional).
Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
I like to drizzle almond butter (with a little warmed almond milk whisked in) over the top. It also tastes good with almond milk and maple syrup. You can get creative and top it with whatever you like, or nothing at all:).
I hope you make this amazing baked oatmeal, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your pictures!