Look at all of that beautiful streusel!
This recipe is great way to use up some of that zucchini abundance from your garden, or your neighbor’s garden, maybe a family member?…You get the idea (wink wink)!!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (210 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (123 grams), room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (110 grams) *
- 1/4 cup milk (61 grams), room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (50 grams) **
*You can also use canola, vegetable or baking olive oil
**You can also use granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (120 grams)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, grated (85 grams)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease with cooking spray. Grate the very cold butter and place it in the freezer until ready to use (this is for the streusel topping).
Shred the zucchini and lay it on a tea towel until ready to use. This will remove some of the excess water.
Meanwhile, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, coconut oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and sugar.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Stir in the zucchini just until it is incorporated. Do not overmix!!
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
To make the streusel: In a small bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cold butter.
Mix together with your hands, until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the muffins evenly with the streusel topping. There’s a lot of streusel, but that’s how I like mine:)!! Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I hope you make these delicious muffins, and if you do, tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your pictures. Enjoy!