- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (190 grams)
- 1/4 cup (28g) cheese powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped (I use Greek thyme), optional
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, frozen and grated
- 5 to 6 tablespoons (70g to 85g) water, ice cold
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ discs
- 2 teaspoons herb seasoning*
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (170g) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, optional
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk beaten (with 2 teaspoons of water)
Make the crust:
Grate the frozen butter and place in the freezer until ready for use.
Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the freshly chopped herbs to the dry ingredients (if you are using them, this is optional).
Work the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
Drizzle in 5 tablespoons of water, stirring gently until everything is evenly moistened; add the final tablespoon of water if necessary to make a cohesive dough. Don’t overwork your dough or it will lose its flakiness.
Pat the dough into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the filling:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets (or line with parchment paper).
Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch discs and cut tomatoes in half.
Place the zucchini slices on one pan and sprinkle with seasoning mix.
Place the tomato halves on the second pan and sprinkle with seasoning mix.
Roast the zucchini and tomatoes until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes for the zucchini and 10 to 15 minutes for the tomatoes.
Remove the zucchini and tomatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Combine the ricotta, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and egg in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12″ circle.
Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough, leaving a 2″-wide bare strip along the perimeter.
Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of the ricotta, grate on 1/2 the parmesan cheese, then shingle the zucchini slices over the cheese and place the tomato halves on top.
Fold the bare edges of the dough into the center.
Brush the edges of the crust with egg wash and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the whole galette.
Bake the galette for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Remove the galette from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!
1 teaspoon each:
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- dried onion flakes
- garlic powder
- fennel seeds
- black pepper
- Himalayan sea salt
Stir together in a small bowl. Save leftover seasoning in an airtight container for later use.
I hope you make this delicious galette. If you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your pictures:)!
2 responses to “Savory Galette”
oh my goodness!! I want to come for dinner next time you make this one!! amazing!! you are so talented!
Thank you so much Honey! I will definitely have you for dinner next time☺️!!