I love strawberries and I love donuts, so these confections are a win, win situation for sure! I made these with strawberries from my patch. They are really producing this year and I couldn’t be happier.
- 1/4 cup (54 grams)baking olive oil (vegetable or canola oil works too)
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1¼ (160 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (72 grams) finely chopped strawberries*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan(s) with nonstick spray.
- *Dice up 1/2 cup strawberries. You want to chop them up pretty finely so they aren’t too big in the donuts. Also I recommend draining them if you find they’re too juicy.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Stir wet ingredients together in a large bowl (or measuring cup) until they are completely mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture. Gently stir the mixture until it just comes together. Do not overmix!
- Add your chopped strawberries, and stir gently with a wooden spoon (about 4-5 times).
- Fill the donut pans up about 3/4 of the way. I like to put my batter in a large decorating or plastic bag with the top snipped (about ½”). This gives me more control when filling the donut cavities in your pan. This is an option. You can use a spoon if you’d like.
- Place donuts in oven and bake for 13-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove donuts from pan to cool completely on cooling rack.
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt (it’s really important to balance out the sweetness)
Making the Glaze
Make the glaze by whisking together the sifted confectioners’ sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt until the sugar is completely combined. Dip the cooled doughnuts in the glaze and allow to set before serving. I added some strawberry powder to the remaining glaze and drizzled it on top of the donuts to add a little something special:).
I hope you make these satisfying treats, and if you do, tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos!