I just couldn’t resist making these Biscoff cookies topped with melted white chocolate and cute little meringue snowmen. I mean, I was downright giddy!! They really are easy to make and look so cute:). I think everyone could use some cuteness in their life right now, don’t you agree?! I use crunchy cookie butter in my recipe, but you can use smooth if you would like.
Remember my meringue kisses and Christmas trees? These snowmen were made using that recipe. I recommend you leave out the extract flavors. The flavor will be too overpowering and will “clash” with your delicious cookie. If you’re not going to be using the snowmen to top these cookies, then definitely use the extracts:).
Pipe the meringue on parchment lined baking sheets and bake according to the recipe (see meringue link above).
After the snowmen have baked and cooled, decorate them with edible food markers (it’s that easy!!).
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) white chocolate chips (for cookies)
- 1 cup (240 grams) crunchy Biscoff cookie butter
Ingredients for topping cookies:
- 1 cup (170 grams) white chocolate chips, melted* (this is used to attach the snowmen to the cookies.)
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) confectioners’ sugar (for dusting on cookies)
Instructions for cookies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Beat in eggs one at a time. Scraping the sides of the bowl after each egg. Beat in vanilla extract.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Add the cookie butter and the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
Scoop tablespoons of the dough a couple of inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges have started to brown.
Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. These cookies are so delicious!!
If you would like to take your cookies to the next level, place a spoonful of melted white chocolate on top, and then place one of the adorable snowmen on the chocolate. Dust the cookies with confectioners’ sugar (optional).
I hope you make these yummy treats, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos.