These gingerbread cookies are so good coated with a luscious brown butter, maple glaze! They can be eaten without the glaze too, but I highly recommend this yummy gloss because, well, it’s got brown butter in it. You can’t go wrong with brown butter:)!
Santa would love these on his cookie plate, but do you really want to share?! I didn’t think so…wink, wink!
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (110 grams) honey
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (110 grams) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Brown Butter Maple Glaze:
- 2 tablespoon (30 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or corn syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract (or pure vanilla extract)
- 1-3 tablespoons milk (depending on the consistency you are trying to achieve)
Instructions for Glaze:
For the brown butter: in a sauce pan over medium heat place your butter to melt. Once melted, kick the heat up to medium high and cook until fragrant and golden brown. Remove from heat, and transfer to a mixing bowl. Be careful not to burn the butter.
Combine the brown butter, icing sugar, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk. Dip the cookies in the glaze (or you could brush it on with a pastry brush).
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Store the cookies in an airtight container
Instructions for Gingerbread Cookies: