- 2 cups unsalted butter (453 grams), room temperature
- 1 cup (140 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (135 gram) slivered almonds, lightly roasted and cooled*
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups (600-680 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- orange blossom water
- 5-6 cups confectioners’ sugar for dusting
*How to roast slivered almonds~
- Add the slivered almonds in a single layer to a dry skillet pan on the stovetop.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Once you smell the nuts toasting, toss the nuts to turn them over, and shake to flatten them into a single layer.
- Continue tossing and shaking until all sides of the almonds are golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour the almonds into a bowl to cool.
Tip: Keep an eye on the stove when toasting almonds. Due to their aromatic oils, they can go from nicely toasted to burnt in a split second.
I hope you make these yummy confections, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos!!
Recipe inspired by: Angelina @bakedambrosia