I love having pancakes for breakfast. It doesn’t have to be just on the weekend, I’m talking ANY day of the week! I don’t think I’m alone in my thinking here….am I right? Well, you can have pancakes any time your little heart pleases with this recipe. It makes 6 small pancakes, and I like to top mine off with bananas (or any fresh fruit would be amazing), whipped coconut cream, and yummmy pure maple syrup! *I added toasted chopped hazelnuts to this stack!
Ingredients for pancakes:
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of fine kosher salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (120 grams), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (vegetable or canola would work also)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Topping suggestions: fruit, whipped cream, pure maple syrup, and *toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Blend the oats in a blender or food processor until they are fine and the texture of flour.
- Place oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place the milk, vinegar, egg, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Set aside for 10 minutes while you heat a nonstick skillet to medium/low heat.
- Place batter in nonstick pan and cook on both sides (about 1 minute per side).
- Pancakes can be kept warm on a platter in the oven until all of the pancakes are cooked and ready to eat. Batter makes 6 (1/4 cup each) pancakes.
I hope you make these delicious (and healthy) pancakes! If you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your pictures!
2 responses to “Healthy Oat Pancakes”
[…] Healthy Oat Pancakes — Good Eats By Mimi […]
Thank you so much for posting this recipe!