I know, I know, you’re saying to yourself, “Another avocado toast recipe?!!”. Hear me out. The granola butter bread that the creamy avocado is nestled on is so good! It’s loaded with flavor, but it isn’t loaded with carbs and sugar!
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (25 grams)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds (15 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon whole flaxseeds to sprinkle on top (this is optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1- 10 oz. jar granola butter (284 grams)
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk, room temperature (62 grams)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit. Spray an 8″x 4″ loaf pan with baking spray.
Sift dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside while you mix the granola butter and egg yolks with a stand or handheld mixer for one minute. Add the almond milk and vinegar and mix until combined. Stir in the coconut flour mixture. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the egg whites into the granola butter mixture and fold in until the egg whites are fully incorporated.
Place the batter in prepared loaf pan and top with the whole flaxseeds (optional). *Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into 10-12 slices. Enjoy!!
Leftover bread can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
*All ovens are different. Check for doneness at 40 minutes. Baking time can take up to 50 minutes.
I topped mine with avocados, but the possibilities are endless! This bread would be delicious topped with any nut butter of your choice, sliced bananas, and drizzled with honey. Yummm!! You could toast and butter it too, or just eat it all by itself…it’s that good!
I hope you make this delicious bread, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your pictures:)!!