Okay, this post goes out to all my dunkers out there (you know who you are). I think it’s safe to say this is one of the best biscotti recipes around. I love the combination of cranberries and pistachios. I also love my coffee black, and when I dip this delicious cookie down in my hot cup of java….YUMMMM!!!! Come on, you know what I’m talking about!
Well, let’s stop talking about it, and make these delicious gems…pronto!! You are going to be very happy you did!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (279 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped (92 grams)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (106 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, orange zest, vanilla bean extract, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Form the dough into a 13″ long X 3″ wide log on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 25-30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices (I like to cut the ends off to have a little treat right away). Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Dip bottom of the biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on a baking sheet lined with parchment until the chocolate is set.The biscotti can be made ahead. Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks. Of course, I like to eat mine immedieately:)!Go ahead…put your feet up, pour yourself a nice hot beverage, and dunk that biscotti. You have my full permission!!
I hope you make these delicious treats, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos!