These delicious cookie bars are sure to please all your chocolate and cookie cravings, AND they have sprinkles!! I think I’ve made it pretty clear about my love for sprinkles. Check out my other recipes with sprinkles (funfetti cupakes and birthday cake…yum!).
I used no sugar chocolate chips and sweetened condensed coconut milk. This is just a preference. Regular semi-sweet, milk and dark chocolate morsels will taste delicious, as well as sweetened condensed milk:).
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (113 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract divided
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups AP flour (250 grams)
- 1/3 cup sprinkles (63 grams) plus more for the top
- 1 1/2 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (240 grams)*
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (198 grams)**
Measure flour, baking soda, cream of tartar in a medium size bowl. Whisk to incorporate, and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar with a hand or a stand mixer (about 2 minutes) . Mix in egg and two teaspoons of vanilla extract (scraping sides of bowl as needed).
Quickly pour and spread over cooled cookie bars.