I have been in full on Christmas baking mode all week. Holiday baking has always been my favorite! I make at least one new cookie recipe every year. Some make the cut, and some don’t. I started making linzer cookies many years ago and they are on my cookie list every year:)! Shortbread cookies with jam in middle…yum!
I make my own Jammie Dodgers too (FYI they are waaaay better than store bought…just saying wink wink). Check out my Jammie Dodgers post!
Now let’s get started on these melt in your mouth cookies!!
- 1 cup butter, softened (226g)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (120g)
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (30ml)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (349g)
- 1 cup almond flour (110g)
- ½ cup raspberry jam (or one of your choice)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, mix butter on medium speed until creamy (about 2 minutes). Scrape sides of bowl and paddle. Add sugar and mix to combine. Add egg yolks and mix until combined. Mix in lemon juice, zest and extract. Whisk flours, cinnamon and salt together. Add to wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Divide the dough into two and form into 1 inch thick discs. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface (or between two sheets of parchment) roll out dough into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a 2-inch cookie cutter of your choice and place on the prepared baking sheets allowing at least a one inch space between each cookie. You should end up with about 48 cookies (24 cookies after they are put together). Chill the dough in the freezer for 8-10 minutes after cutting and before baking. The dough will get a little soft while you’re rolling and cutting the cookies. Chilling the dough will help the cookies hold their shape:).
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Fill cooled cookies by spreading jam on the bottom of one cookie and place another on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Freeze for up to a month. Enjoy!
I hope you make these delicacies, and if you do, please tag me on Instagram @goodeatsbymimi. I would love to hear from you and see your photos!